A trip to India can be absolutely refreshing if you focus on planning everything well. Only a few countries in the world are capable of carve as deep and lasting an impression on the traveller as India does. It conveniently settles in several layers of history. Most revered travellers from across the globe have revealed that no other nation on earth is home to such remarkable contrasts as India.
A trip to India will let you experience the unique way of travel. Right from Kashmir (topmost part of the country) to Kanyakumari (the southernmost tip), the country offers you a wide sightseeing options. Some of the best places you should visit include Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Srinagar. These northern cities can be combined beautifully into a single package to help you get the real taste of India. Check out the Golden Triangle Tour package with Srinagar to help plan a package that includes Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.
A visit to these cities will refresh you and let you experience the charm of real Incredible India. Here are some strong reasons to visit the following cities:
Delhi – Why Visit the Epic City of India
Want to experience a perfect amalgamation of tradition and history with a whiff of elitism? Well, you need to travel to the capital city of India, Delhi. The multi-hued city will amaze you with a seamless blend of ancient and the modern. Its distinctive qualities and quirks set it apart from other cities of the world.
There are a lot of things that will fascinate you in the city. Set miles from the beach and the much desired hills, Delhi never fails to awestruck its visitors. The unique charm and unprecedented beauty make it a must visit place for all. A visit to old Delhi will leave you mesmerised with the ancient monuments and old world charm still alive in the small lanes of Chandni Chowk, the delectable food at Paranthe Wali Gali, the bazaars near Red Fort and one of the most beautiful mosques Jama Masjid.
Move to Hauz Khas and have a look at the ancient water reservoir. From there, move on to affluent South Delhi and the market area where shoppers shop till they drop. When it comes to living in style, ‘Delhiites’ know how to do that. Shopping in the capital will give you an idea of the lavish lifestyle of Delhiites. For a luxe experience, visit the sprawling malls in Vasant Kunj where an exotic collection of premium brands like Louis Vuitton, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, and Bottega Veneta will mesmerise you. The most sought after GK M- Block market is one of the best places to be. For a cultural tour of Delhi without spending a lot of time, pay a visit to Dilli Haat.
New Delhi has all that it takes one to enjoy the beauty of modernity. India Gate, Gandhi Memorial, Connaught Place, Akshardham, Garden of Five Senses or some amazing places to eat, the city holds immense beauty within.
Agra – Reasons to Visit the Historical City
Haven’t visited Agra yet? Here are top 5 reasons you must make a trip to this city:
1. Taj Mahal – How can one resist visiting this beautiful memorial? This should definitely be one of the strongest reasons for you to visit Agra. Having made its way to the list of Seven Wonders of the World, the unprecedented beauty of abode of love will just steal your heart.
2. Agra Fort – Preserved really well, this amazing building holds a striking similarity with the Red Fort in Delhi. Its amazing style of architecture and surroundings are reasons enough to come to Agra city.
3. Exotic Gardens – The ancient city, portraying Mughal aura is home to a huge range of well maintained and exquisite gardens. A visit to Ram Bagh, Soami Bagh, Mehtab Bagh, and many others will refresh you inside out.
4. Fatehpur Sikri – The UNESCO World Heritage Site comprises of a huge number of beautiful places to visit.
5. Sweet Delicacies – Don’t miss out on the popular Petha of Agra. You just can’t resist once the amazing taste of it tickles your taste buds.
Jaipur – More than Just Pink
Never visited Jaipur before? Well, the Pink City gives you more than a hundred reasons to pay a visit. Its beauty and tons of brilliant sightseeing options draw card both local and foreign tourists each year.
Here are top nine reasons to be in Jaipur this year:
The capital of Rajasthan state and the largest city of the country.
1. One of the major destinations that fits into the golden triangle route of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. So Jaipur is easier to get to!
2. An ideal destination as to experience the rich heritage, culture and architectural marvel of India entwined among the splendid and magnanimous monuments, colourful bargain-filled bazaars, and delectable Rajasthani cuisine.
3. The city is filled with many beautiful attractions – from stunning forts and glorious palaces to tranquil temples and beautiful havelis
4. Traditional Rajasthani food served in some of the best restaurants of India.
5. Transport options are many, affordable and comfortable. So getting to your favourite place should not be really tough!
6. Shop till you drop in Jaipur. The city specialises in producing the most exquisite handicrafts and adorable jewellery in India.
7. Celebrate the colourful festivals of Jaipur.
8. The most lovable sightseeing options – from palaces to forts, lakes and the temples, Jaipur will not let you down with its magnanimous range.
9. Its location ensures you the ease of accessibility to visit some of the most amazing and much sought after places in Rajasthan including Jodhpur, Pushkar, Jaisalmer and Udaipur.
Srinagar – Reasons to Visit the City of Lakes
Srinagar, the capital of Kashmir is arguably the most beautiful places to visit in India. Right of the holy Shankaracharya temple to the Hazratbal shrine, you would be awestruck by a panoramic setting against a breathtaking backdrop. Every inch of the city is paradise on earth. Here are top 10 reasons to visit Srinagar and explore the unparalleled beauty all around.
1. A ride on a classic shikara (houseboat) on the Dal Lake or a royal stay will take you to another world.
2. Enjoy a stay at the beautiful and much sought after Pahalgham hotel. It promises the most spectacular views of streams and mountains.
3. The café Arrabica of Broadway hotel in Srinagar offers the most yummy food ever.
4. Skiing in Gulmarg is a must for all travel lovers. Gulmarg is home to some of the most amazing slopes.
5. A visit to the ancient Shankaracharya Mandir will soothe your senses. Trekking through the hills will take you to this holy spot.
6. The Gangabal lake will become your favourite fishing spot.
7. Swoon over the beautiful waterfalls at Ahrabal.
8. A casual soul soothing walk through the awe-inspiring Chashma Shahi, Nishat, and Mughal Gardens.
9. Shopping – Buy Kashmiri hand embroidered dresses, pure Pashmina, cane and colourful paper mache souvenirs.
10. A visit to the national park reserve in Dachigam and Martand at Anantnag. You would simply love to have a look at the architectural marvel of old time artisans.